The business attorneys of Astrachan Gunst Thomas counsel clients on formation, financing, operation, maintenance, reorganization, acquisition, disposal and separation of businesses and business assets. Integration with the Firm's litigation practice means that our transactional work is done with a practiced eye toward preventing future problems. Because we believe the success of our clients mirrors the success of our practice, we partner with our clients to develop and achieve realistic goals at a realistic cost.
Our commercial litigation attorneys, merger and acquisition attorneys, and complex commercial litigation attorneys negotiate, draft, and provide consultation to clients of all sizes in connection with the full spectrum of transactions and agreements, including:
- Advertising Clearances
- Agency/Client Contracts
- Agreements for Architectural, Graphic Design, and Museum Planning and Exhibition Services
- Assignment/Licensing of Trademarks, Software Databases and other Proprietary Property
- Business Separations
- Consulting Contracts
- Corporate Acquisitions and Sales
- Distribution and Franchise Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Employment Manuals
- Entity Formation
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Non-compete Agreements
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Prime and Subcontractor Contracts
- Private Placements
- Privacy Policies (Internet and gathered marketing data)
- Publishing Agreements
- Recording Contracts
- Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sales Tax Audits
- Shareholders' Agreements
- Shareholder Disputes
- Stock Option Plans and Agreements
- Trade Secret Protection
- Web Site Development Agreements
- Representation of the largest employer in Baltimore in connection with the clearance and registration of trademarks and creation of licenses for software created by members of its faculty.
- Negotiation and documentation of computer consulting and software development contracts and licenses for companies providing software and systems installation.
- Structure and documentation of a joint venture between national architectural firms for large public works projects in the Baltimore Inner Harbor and at the University of Maryland at Baltimore.
- Sale of a west coast software developer to an international manufacturer and distributor of designer eyeglass frames.
- Representation of a publicly-traded technology corporation in a $65 Million acquisition.
- Representation of an engineering and technology company in the sale of its business to a publicly traded company.
- Succession planning for advertising agencies and architecture firms.