Elizabeth Taylor’s fabulous diamond ring drew the notice of Princess Margaret who was said to have remarked, “That’s a bit vulgar.” Miss Taylor persuaded the princess to try on the ring. “There, it’s not so vulgar now, is it?” she said.
The lawyers of Astrachan Gunst Thomas provide extensive legal services to help employers navigate complex employment law issues (have you noticed these issues are becoming much more complex?) and to develop and institute creative, effective and practical workplace solutions. We handle small and large employment matters, from employee severance and release agreements to complex discrimination litigation, from drafting employee handbooks to top-level executive employment contracts and the creation and litigation of enforceable restrictive covenants (surprise; not all restrictions will be enforced by Maryland courts). Astrachan Gunst Thomas’ lawyers also offer in-house employment and management training seminars customized to meet our clients’ individualized needs. Call us. Astrachan Gunst Thomas is proud to count among its clients employers of every size, spanning industries from graphic design to national security. Our clients’ ability to grow and succeed as business owners and employers requires that our attorneys have their fingertips on the pulse of constantly evolving case law and federal, state and local employment regulations. We encourage our clients to call first before they act in a way that is regrettable.
- Workplace safety and security
- Title VII
- Employment contracts and severance agreements
- Wage and Hour Law
- Employee handbooks and policy development, including Internet and privacy policies
- Hiring, firing and disciplining employees
- Independent contractor agreements
- In-house, customized management training
- All aspects of employment litigation in state and federal courts
- Social Media practice and policies
- Maryland Human Rights Commission and federal EEOC complaints